How do I slice a part in two smoothly?

I’ve been struggling with this problem for weeks.
Basically, I’ve looked on the DevForum, ScriptingHelpers, Reddit, YouTube, anything related to this problem, and I still don’t understand any of it.

I’m looking to slice a part in two smoothly like that game smooth slicing.
Basically, I know you do it with CSG, but I don’t know exactly how.
If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, here
I want the part to be cut in two, like the left and the right of the neon cut would be different parts, sliced in half. Thanks. And, also, please explain everything/why you do it in detail, because if I have to stare at some stuff with CFrames for another 3 hours I’ll kill myself.

3 Likes

Hello! I think this plugin may help you, just click on the icon and select how and where you want to cut it. I use this plugin all the time!
Here is the link:

I don’t think that’s what they mean; they want to slice it with a script, so players can do it in game.

1 Like

I think you make a ton of small parts in the part so when the player clicks on the part it goes away

I guess you could do that but it would be super laggy at a larger scale.

True I dont know what else to do though unless clone the part with half the size

You Can try watching Suphi Kaner Tutorial on youtube on how to make a part slicing tool

I figured it out after watching it, but the video is quite long (1 hour and 10 minutes)
The code to slice the part is at 48:43, but I recommend anyone to watch the entire video because it’s really informative and easy to understand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.