How do I smoothly transition animations?

Im trying to make on animation transition to another smoothly. I made both the animations and the first animations stop point is the same as the second start point. Ive tried playing around with aniamtion weights, but it doesn’t give the desired result. Here is a video of the problem. (The problem is in between when he runs and starts spinning he tried to return to the character default stance before starting the second. )

Here is the code:

local function lungeAt(part, speed)
	script.Sounds.Unsheath:Play()
	currentAnimation = runAnimation(script.Animations.Coil, 0.25, 0)
	currentAnimation.Stopped:wait()

currentAnimation = runAnimation(script.Animations.Strike, 1, 0)

script.Sounds.Lunge:Play() 
	currentAnimation = runAnimation(script.Animations.Charge, 2, 0)

setWalkspeed(speed)
	clangorFight.Clangor.Humanoid:MoveTo(part.Position)
	clangorFight.Clangor.Humanoid.MoveToFinished:Wait()
	currentAnimation:Stop()
end

local function spinAt(position)
	currentAnimation = runAnimation(script.Animations.Spin, 1, 0)
end

These two function are called right after eachother with no waits or anything inbetween them.

Not an animator myself but have you tried using the parameters of :Stop()?

Yes that what I mean by animation weight. I tired it with 0.5 and 0.5. From my understanding thats how long it takes to fade in or out in seconds.

1 Like

I just want to make sure its something like this, because this looks like it should work

Other than that, I’m not really sure how else you could fix this.

I found this other post that has a similar issue, but it just goes back to animation weights. Perhaps you need to keep tinkering with them.

1 Like

played around with it more my problem as I see it right now is: “How do I stop it from returning to that default pose and why is it going to it in the first place?”