How do I stop my material from being shiny?

I have a PBR material that only consists of color data, it’s has no roughess or anything like that, it has a shine to it that I want to remove and have no idea how to.

(Image of what it currently looks like)

(Image of what I’m trying to make it appear similar to approximately)

I’ve tried switching the base material that it’s an alternate of, but that doesn’t seem to do anything.
Also not really a solution but color baking from blender and importing that doesn’t want to work either.

Any ideas?

By any chance, is the part material something metallic? If that doesn’t solve the problem then are you using a future technology of lighting.

The material is not metallic

I am using future lighting but I’d assume it would have a way of getting rid of such a problem?

Reduce the Reflectancy Of the Part to any Value you want.

The reflectancy of the part is at 0.

Is there A Light Part that’s the Roofs Child and also did you try changing the material to plastic or sum.

There’s a light part but it’s not a child of the roof, it’s in a separate part under it. Also the default was plastic, I tried leafy ground and fabric, all three were reflective (if fabric won’t work then I know for certain the other materials won’t, as fabric isn’t reflective at all)

Reduce the Light Intensity of the Light Part.

Even the dimmest light still leaves a “shine” on the roof, plus also makes it harder to see.

hummm.There has to be a source of light then cause Light can just appear like that How many Light Part’s do you have there?

And also try deleting the Light part if something changes

I only have a singular light, there’s also no sunlight or ambient light; also, I highly doubt light sources themselves would affect this, since reflectivity is more of a material problem.

Tried, the reflection is gone but that’s due to the scene now being entirely pitch black and not lit.

add a part with a x axis of like 1 stud and y axis of 1 stud and add a Light Source with the Intensity set to 0.5 And you put it in the area you want it to be lit.

Did that, the reflection is still there, I am highly certain doing anything with the lights isn’t going to help, as it’s most certainly a material problem.

Yuh I think so Try Playing Around With the Material a bit.

If you’re using SurfaceAppearance, try finding a pure white decal from the toolbox and inserting it into the Roughness property of the material

4 Likes

:skull:That worked.

I tried inserting a black image, assuming that translated to highest roughness, saw it didn’t work, and assumed using roughness maps was off the table.

(Proof it worked, I’m not exactly sure who this proof is for or why I’m posting it but here)

1 Like