How do i stop players from "tabbing" out of the game and freezing their client? (stops movement serverside)

I’m looking for a way to stop players from freezing their clients via holding click on the exit button (top right) and moving their cursor back into the game.

I’m sure you’ve seen this before holding the exit game button (not fullscreen) and then moving your cursor back into the game freezes your client and your movement ingame, when you release click (with cursor still in the game window) you unfreeze, this causes issues in my game because you need to be able to fall and have your velocity changed, etc

I either cant think of the right words to mash into the devforum search or nobody else has made anything about this topic if you find any please let me know :smiley:

1 Like

What tab glitch actually does is that it reduces the fps to 1 or 0, so you can check if the time taken to render the next frame is high or not

Have you tried the script which detects if you are afk. That should work fine.

set their humanoidrootpart network ownership to the server when they need to be falling