How do I this with f3x?

Looking through the tutorials and cant find any shortcut for it, wondering if someone could help me out. I’ve been thinking about making a dome type of roof for a room. Also would be helpful for many other things, thank you!

The shortcut is R. You’ll then get a little X to select to the pivot point! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What they did: With the rotation mode open, shift+c and then rotate it using the green axis by the increment and repeat those steps, doing that until you’ve copied & rotated all the way to where you began. This will create the dome effect that you are referencing.

2 Likes

My only problem with F3X is how when you duplicate something, your selection doesn’t snap to it. :thinking:
It’s an overall great plugin though.

Sorry for getting off topic here. :smile:

3 Likes

That’s why I have to keep F3X & Archimedes (another good plugin that DOES snap to selection) when building haha.

1 Like

This sounds like a call for @GigsD4X! You can create the base by using those pivot points. Make two parts lay next to each other touching on one side and pivot them like the image below to create a circle. Then I think using a center part, you would copy and paste them and pivot them along that centerpiece to create a sphere and just delete half of it.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re cloning (shift C), and using the number pad on their keyboard to rotate :yum:

The shortcut keys for “nudging” on the Rotate Tool are:
4 or 6 to rotate around Y axis (:green_heart:)
1 or 9 to rotate around Z axis (:large_blue_circle:)
8 or 2 to rotate around X axis (:red_circle:)

Tip for remembering them: They’re across from each other on the keyboard! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Not to criticize, but using the F3X plugin is kind of a lazy move, and doesn’t typically get the job done, and never really comes out good. I use F3X in game battles, but that’s about it.

Here is the tutorial that really helped me get the hang of Studio.

2 Likes