How do I transfer terrain from one game to another?

My builder recently made another map for our game. They sent me the RBXM file and it has terrain that I cannot simply copy and paste into the main file. How do I copy the terrain into the main file?

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can right click ‘Terrain’, then click ‘Export selection’. If you double check that and it works, you then would go into the game you’re trying to put it in. Once again you would right click ‘Terrain’, then this time you’d import it.

8 Likes

You can use this plugin and select your terrain click copy then paste it into your new studio and open the plugin and click import. It will have everything transferred over such as the colors and terrain design.

If you referring to roblox terrain and not part terrain.

26 Likes

Export selection is used for 3d models lol

4 Likes

Its good idea, TERREIN Export Selection (RMB)
I tried with the game „Booga-Booga“
After 4 minutes I check the file size
cca 2,5 Gb
:slight_smile:
I’d rather not try the import back

is there a plugin for lighting?

I don’t believe so but its not hard to make one if you still needed it

1 Like

Does this still work? Plugin has not worked at all.

Literally just used it, it’s still working.

Clicking the plugin opens the little box below the explorer.

Click “Save Terrain” and you get this lil diamond thingy appear.
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 10.09.40

Right-click > copy that.

In your new game, click on the plugin to get that same little box and “Load Terrain”.

Done.

Hope that helps (and hope screenshots load, this is the first time I’ve been able to post on here).

It only saves the terrain settings, not the physical terrain

save the terrain fine for me, used it countless times, perhaps you got an update?

I was looking for a plugin that could copy a part of the terrain not the entirety of it