How do I turn off shaders (So I can see what I'm doing.)?

What I want:
I’ve been making games using Roblox studio for the last year, but some games I’m making need dark environments, but having dark shaders in the studio makes it impossible to see what I am making and it is very anoyying I want to say that can any one help me???

Please help me in any way possible! :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

2 Likes

Just disable the shaders? Its not that hard to set their enabled property to false now is it?

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know how to turn it off without deleting everything and remaking them everytime, the lighting light bulb icon just can’t be moved around.

You have to be joking right?
Select the instances like atmostphere, DOF, Sunrays etc and then in the properties tab look for “Enabled” and disable it.

1 Like

I wasn’t joking, I never looked into this shading stuff, because before I didn’t need to, it was this time that I made a game with pitch black shaders, thats when I realise how important disabling shaders are.

But thanks, now I know. Ya. :smirk: :smirk:

No, I mean the things in the lighting tab itself, are there ways to disable that?

Just where to turn it off?

1 Like

Just disable them so you can see in studio, and add a script that will be enabling them when the game starts.

Question: How do I disable shaders?
Answer:

???

I’ve had this problem before, where you can’t see what you are building. I recommend increasing the brightness in Lighting, and then during runtime, a LocalScript or Script will set it back to normal. You could do this for multiple lighting properties to make it easier to see while building.

There are also plugins out there that give your studio camera a headlight!

Ah, I see what the issue is now. So basically, no. You have to change the values manually and revert them back later on. For temp brightness I’d say to increase ExposureCompensation to like 1 or 2.

Okay??

Disable the shadows if it’s too dark

Disable the GlobalShadows property in Lighting in your game Explorer, or change the Brightness to a higher level, set it to day time, etc. and just add all these effects later.
Or have a Script do that once you play.

Now some people gotta put “Disable Shaders in Studio” as a Feature Request, I feel alike a lot of people will want this feature based on the comment in this post.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.