How do I upload music that I have purchased the rights to?

It’s been several months since the introduction of the automated music removal process (copyrighted music is automatically removed from roblox), and I still can’t play music that I own the rights to.

I paid a lot of money for the rights to play certain songs in a few of my games, but many of the songs were removed by the automated removal process. Roblox has given me absolutely no help in trying to get this reversed.

As you can see here, when they first announced this change they stated to contact the devrelations team concerning music I’ve licensed to be played in my roblox games. I emailed them when my music was removed, and the last I heard from them, they told me to be patient and that they were working on it. It has been MONTHS and they still haven’t gotten back to me. I tried contacting them again about a week ago but still no response.

I want to play the music that I paid for in my games. Should I just try emailing the devrelations team again? Should I accept defeat? Did I miss another announcement detailing an alternate method to getting licensed music approved? Thanks in advance for any help you guys may have.

25 Likes

You upload it and if it gets moderated send a mod an image of the license to show you’re able to upload it.

You can also try to get it pre noted so they don’t moderate it by default.

Where do I send a mod an image of the license? Through the devrelations email or through the devforum here?

And just out of curiosity have you had any luck with this personally? Thanks!

I imagine, if it gets moderated, make a post on #moderation-review-requests
They’re pretty good about getting things sorted out quicker than info@roblox.com does.

I tried that a while back and the thread got closed by a mod for being off topic…

2 Likes

type F to pay respects. nah but seriously, maybe DM someone in the moderation team?

Was it a question styled thread, like this one, or was it you, reporting a moderation incident?
Mod Review Requests is only for posting a specific moderation incident, not for asking questions. So, just upload the music & such, and if it gets moderated, take the steps to rectify that situation afterwards. (i.e. #moderation-review-requests or contact info@roblox.com or the DevRelations team)

Maybe I wasn’t specific enough, I basically just said a lot of my music has been removed by the automated removal process and what should I do to get it reversed. I’ll try messaging one of the mods on here and see if they can help.

Make a mod review request again, but do the following:

• Provide links to the specific items moderated
  • Tell them you can provide the proof of license (I’m unsure if that’s something you want to publicly show, I’m assuming not.)
  • Ask them what you need to do to reverse the moderation action taken against the properly licensed items.
1 Like

I followed up with some of the Developer Relations team for you and it seems like they are not able to respond to your request yet because they are still working out the process for appealing sounds that are wrongly removed for copyright. I pressed that they should be actively working on resolving it and I think they are working on resolving it.

Please do not file this in Moderation Review Requests. This is not what the category is for and you will just be met with a generic response and no solution. You will have to wait for Developer Relations to implement the proper procedures. (also @GeorgeOfAIITrades)

2 Likes

Whoops I just posted it as I saw your response! I will delete it if I can.

Fixed that one for you. :slight_smile:

Hmm. Seems a little weird to not file a Moderation Review in Mod Review Requests, but admittedly this whole copyright sound things has been all sorts of messed up and down since it’s released. Happy to hear though that they’re working on an official process, that I’m hoping is open to everyone.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m glad to hear they are still actively working towards a solution, I was just worried it had been swept under the rug.

Is it possible for them to release an estimated date for which we might get that appeal process?

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect one, no.

But it sounds like you can at least confirm that it is still being actively worked on and we’ll have some solution in the future, correct?

They definitely are going to provide a proper pipeline for this somewhere in the future and your open requests will be addressed at that point.

Awesome! Thanks for checking on this for me.

1 Like

Info@Roblox.com or yeah you can even DM moderators on the DevForums man. Everyone’s here to help if someone moderates your post wrongly get them fired. Jk but yeah let someone know.

1 Like

Was your issue ever resolved either automatically or directly through discussions?
Or are you still unable to use your purchased music?

If removing the automated copyright wasn’t automatic as well, would you recommend people to also purchase music/effects for their games or to stay with Toolbox audio?

1 Like