How do I use something from startergui in a script from workspace?

UPDATE: I figured out what I did wrong.

I don’t know how to get something from startergui to be used in a workspace script.

I tried game.StarterGui but that didn’t work.

Nobody else seemed to be talking about this on the devforum.

3 Likes

Not sure why you would want to. Everything is StarerGui gets copied into player.PlayerGui by each client when the game loads in. This can’t be seen by the server.

Can you explain it better because it’s not totally clear what your trying to do

Well so basically guis get replicated to the players, so you cant use game.StarterGui, I ran into this problem and its very simple, youd have to do

local UI = plr.PlayerGui.UI-- ui is the name of the screen ui you need to get`

Basically every single screengui you put in StarterGui will just be replicated to all the player’s screens in PlayerGui

I have uh written a post in case you still, after a long period of time, wish to know.

It’s basically by using PlayerGui (aka StarterGui), the Ui type being a SurfaceGui. You Adornee (‘fake parent’) it to the part you want it to display on.

This is due to the limitations of a local script (on purpose as this helps stop exploiters without having to reverse engineer things).

Hey, I know its been a while, but I’m currently having problems with this. Whenever I try using player. it doesn’t recongnize the player. and therefor doesn’t let me use it for anything, if you guys know how to fix it I would really appreciate it.