How do I work on a separate branch of my game?

Hello,

In the past I had a game that only had 1 place. This made it simple for me to create a copy of that game and work on that copy so I didn’t mess up any players that were currently playing the game.

My new game has multiple places so I’m not really sure how to go about this. I created a copy of the game from the start place and it only copied over the start place. Is there a way I can copy over every place in the game or do I need to just do it one by one? If anyone can lead me in the right direction here I would really appreciate it!

Thank you.

Packages could be quite helpful for you. LinkedSources as well. Though I’d be curious if there are any other more efficient methods.

Using this would still require place copies. However, you’d make changes in the beta branch. Then grab the changes on the public branch when done.

2 Likes

Did you make heavy use of linked scripts? I find it hard to figure out what the development cycle of successful devs looks like. Roblox is the only environment where I’m not relying on source control and its odd.

2 Likes

I personally used a ton of LinkedScripts in my games. Packages are currently very undervalued for source control imo.

Wow, this looks very useful. I wasn’t aware these even existed!
I will look into this!

thanks.

Omg i meant linked sources*****

No worries! Also a heads up, the forums have an edit button that you can use at any time.

Yeah but an edit wouldnt show up and make it obvious i wanted to know about linked sources