How do people make successful fighting game?

I had this question for a long period of time now. It challenges me to think a lot.

This question seems like a paradox to me. It’s the type of question similar to: is chicken born before egg or egg born before chicken, how to get a job? because to get a job you need experience and to get experience you need to get a job.

Back to my question “How do people make successful fighting game?”

I asked this question because, I’ve made a fighting game.
However, no one play it because no one play it.
Don’t you get it?

New player joining the game. See no one to fight, then he left.
Another player joining the game. See no one to fight, then he left.

It would be a miracle to find 2 players joining the same time, but that’s it. Only 2 player fighting is just not fun because my game is more like a battleground type. They would get bored eventually.

I’ve developed fighting game for 1 and a half year. But I have no idea how to make it successful at all.
Is it because it’s the wrong decision at the beginning?

I’ve tried spent money on the ad for 1000 robux (ik it not much bc thats what i had) and it giving me back only 20 more visit in my game that day. (My plan is that I spent a lot on 1 day so player can see each other in the same time, but it fell miserably)

Sorry, if this post sounds depressing because it is what I felt right now

1 Like

I can understand the frustration of putting in hours of work into a game (or anything) and not getting the results. As for a fighting game what I would suggest is to implement a system that can work even if one player is online. This could be a fun minigame like dodge the lasers or something that can keep players entertained while they wait on someone to join. This can also be used to keep engagement in between rounds. I really don’t have any good advice as I am a noob scripter, game designer etc., but just know that starting up is the hardest part. Once you can get 1 player to come back repeatedly, then your game will grow. I hope your numbers will increase so you wont feel depressed anymore.

1 Like

This is the best suggestion I’ve seen so far. Your comment just ping my idea to make a system where it will detect if there’s no body in the game, it will spawn bot for player to fight and if theres player then it will stop and tell them to fight another player. I could also make like a quest so that they have propose to fight. This is brilliant! Alr time to get back to dev, thanks a lot stranger!

2 Likes

All of its mechanics, play skills, and how its handled.

The game is captured and focus on the idea of the game, for example, my game, Castle Period. It captures the meaning of fighting slimes and your friends (for fun) and fighting a boss.