How do they animate these 3D faces?

• I wanna know how they animated faces in blender. (Keep it simple and clear)

• Screenshots of what I mean:

(Links to the music videos: ♪ Roblox Song: "Pet Simulator" Parody (Roblox Music Video) - YouTube
Roblox Song ♪ "Slaying in Roblox" Roblox Parody (Roblox Animation) - YouTube)

(Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

• What solutions have I tried so far? I coudn’t find any youtube videos relating to this 3D face animation.

I would really like to know how they do this.

It would really help me out if someone gave me a tutorial about this.

** (And please correct me if I put this in the wrong category) **

Thanks.

I guess you could try the Ultimate Rig (/w Face), I believe it has an Animatable Face. Not too sure.

Can you please link to that rig?

Yep, here:-

3 Likes

Is there any rigs like that for free?

It is free, get the demo version. it’s just as good as the paid version.

1 Like

UPDATE: IS there any other rig with animated eyes?

I made my own in blender. Three’s a steep learning curve to get there, and skinned meshes are still pretty new. If something is available, there won’t ne much.

Can you send a screenshot to your rig or link that rig if you want?

I don’t see my renders in the correct folder, I will check my phone. I do know what I used:

1. Mouth: one bone for the jaw, 2 for the cheeks, 2 for the corners of the mouth
  2. Eyes: 2 bones for eyelids, 2 bones for eyebrows
  3. Hair: 1 Bone for everything. Will add bones for different hair styles later.

All my other rigging came off YT tutorials. I used Darren Lile for my character development.

1 Like

Ooh, I found the creepy test anim!

Looks nice… but don’t you think it’s off topic? You can private msg me more about these stuff.

You asked for other rigs with animated eyes. Not a problem, I’ll leave you to your search!

I think I forgot to mention… But I was talking about a roblox rig… But nice!

Chances are good the original pictures are animated in blender, not on Roblox itself. They look like “shape keys” which allow you to change the shape of the mouth however you see fit. Shape keys are not supported by Roblox. If you are not looking to use these in Roblox, it’s easy enough to grab a tutorial.

In Roblox, you need to do 1 of 2 methods:

1. Use a skinned mesh and bones. That’s what I did. Movement is restricted.
  2. Be really good with decals. You can always fake 3D with 2D
1 Like