How do to disable character Rotate with the camera?

hi!

I want the character to stop rotating with the camera when the character is moving any idea how to do that?

Example:

any idea how to do that pls???

Set your Camera | Roblox Creator Documentation to Track.

unfortunately that didn’t help :confused:

Check to see if your Camera is still set to Track while testing in Studio. If it has reset back to Follow then you’ll probably have to use a script to update it.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Humanoid/AutoRotate

This is probably what you want, the AutoRotate property of the Humanoid object controls whether you want the Character to move relative to where you want to currently move (Which the camera also somewhat plays a role in this as well):

The API forgot to reference the other RotationType, but I think setting that property to false will disable your Character’s ability to rotate in relation with the Camera (Aka it will only be facing towards the direction where you want it to first face)

local Character = CharacterModelHere --What your Character is
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

Humanoid.AutoRotate = false

You’ll have to adjust the HumanoidRootPart’s CFrame if you want to rotate it in a specific direction

1 Like

thank you so much for helping!, but I’m sorry i think my question isn’t clear, when i disable the auto rotate the character will still move with the camera’s facing direction let me show you what i mean,

i don’t want the character to rotate or move with the camera’s facing direction just like this video

So just to clarify, you only want the Character to move in a specific direction without the Camera interfering with it’s rotation & position, correct? You just only want it to move where it’s currently looking at

Yep that’s exactly what i want

You may have to disable the Character Movement by itself, as the only way to really move with the Character is via using the WASD keys

You’ll have to set up your own movement functions to check when you want your Character to move at a specific position, so we’ll need to use UserInputService for this occassion

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
local HRP = Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")
local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")
local Controls = require(Player.PlayerScripts.PlayerModule):GetControls()
Controls:Disable()

local MoveKeys = {Enum.KeyCode.W, Enum.KeyCode.A, Enum.KeyCode.S, Enum.KeyCode.D}

local function CheckMoving()

for _, MoveKey in pairs(MoveKeys) do
        if UIS:IsKeyDown(MoveKey) then
            Humanoid:Move(HRP.CFrame.LookVector)
        end
    end

end

RunService.RenderStepped:Connect(CheckMoving)

I’m uncertain if this will work or not, but as long as your Custom Character has a HumanoidRootPart facing in the direction it’s currently looking it should be fine

1 Like

How are you moving the player?
It seems that it’s in relation to the camera’s viewpoint, not the player’s viewpoint.

that actually worked thank you so much!!