How do VIP servers work in the context of a "Game"

VIP servers are available under a “Place” but how do these function in the context of the full game? Do they only work in one specific place under a game or does it work with all places? For example, say I want people to be able to have a VIP server under all places in a game. The starter place is a loading menu which lets you select which game you want to visit. If you buy a VIP server for it under the game page would that VIP server only work in the loading menu place, effectively making the VIP server useless? How can I add more places to my game without people losing a VIP server?

Also, another question about games and places. Are things like visits/likes/favourites only displayed under the game itself or does each place save these individually?

What you’re asking for is not provided by default – only the lobby place would be a VIP server. If you teleport them onward, those servers will be regular servers. So you’ll have to implement the kind of functionality you want yourself. (i.e. using reserved servers and keeping track of a reserved server for each place in your game for each VIP server that is started, and only teleport the players among these reserved server instances)

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for the reply.

Do you know how likes/visits/favourites are handled on games vs. places? Do they all get saved to the game or individually to each place?

Those are per-place. However, I don’t believe you can rate a place that is within a universe; only the starting place.