How Do You Add Donations To Your Game Without Ruining The Feel?

My Problem:

So I Am Making A Game Like Jailbreak and i want to add donations, however i feel like with the game’s feel that would ruin the game’s art style. Imagine if there was a BIG FAT donation board on Jailbreak. What would that feel like? Anyways, i wanted to know how i might do it.

Ideas I have So Far

• Go ahead and add the board.
  • Add a donation button in the side of one of the UI.
  • Only do gamepass purchase options, no donations.

What should i do?

5 Likes

This may not be the answer you were looking for, but donations are extremely ineffective. If you line up donations against literally every other kind of in-game purchase, you will find that donation revenue is so small you can barely tell it’s even on the graph. It’s not worth it.

3 Likes

I think this is a pretty good idea: You could create a building, which is only for Donations, you could put the board there, and maybe add chests, which are made to donate.

Another idea would be adding ATMs, like Jailbreak, you could implement donations there, with an UI.

The third idea would be adding an NPC in the bank where you can do “transactions”, actually those are not transactions, it would simulate something similar, in summary, it’s a transaction to donate.

The last idea would be adding a Donation button in the UI, shop, or dev products.

I hope this helps you :+1:.

5 Likes

I like your idea, gonna use it in my game, thanks for your answer.

I already made ATM things you can rob as you see here:

You could integrate some random tiny “donation models” around the map
Could include:

• Donation Jars inside shops that you can interact with
  • Beggars on the road that you can talk to and he’ll ask for donations
  • Wishing wells / fountains that doesn’t do anything(or it could) for robux
  • One of those “Golden” or “Silver” men on parks that dances when you drop coins in their hats on the ground
4 Likes

Don’t have donations, it would be much more effective if you just give some cosmetic to the player that ties in with the theme of the game, for example weapon skins.

1 Like

I doubt donations would be helpful. Players tend to buy gamepasses and usually ignore donating to games. However, you can still make gamepasses and have a donating board in case people are interested enough to support your work.
Donating options are totally fine as long as you don’t put it all over the players face, so I don’t think it will ruin your game’s art style at all. In the end, asking for donations is better than having your game pay to win since it feels like a more genuine way of asking for money lol

2 Likes

Go for the third idea. With donations, players don’t get any perks, so why should they spend their Robux on something useless to them. You’re the only one who wins here. With gamepasses and products that give in game benefits, both you and the player win, since you’re both getting something.

1 Like

Okay, i will use game pass instead. Thank you everyone!

This is a really good idea, small things that encourage them to donate, I love this.

You should not make donation but if you use a ATM you can have money with robux. And in the gui of the ATM it will be write : “Global Robux : XX Robux”.
Well after I don’t know.

1 Like

Why not turn donationa into cash purchases?