How do you build custom clothing from parts?

Hey everyone! I’ve been recently working on a bit of character outfit building today now that Spring Break is finally underway and I was curious how you guys go about building your custom clothing in-game so that I can improve my skills to make my designs look nicer.

What I’m attempting to achieve is a character style similar to Hexaria and Vesteria in that it uses parts for its characters rather than shirts/pants. I’ve tried using wedges and parts to create distinct sleeves and boots, yet I feel as if with better techniques and tips I can build avatars far better than now. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots of the avatar I created and would love your feedback and tips. Thank you all in advance! :happy3:

6 Likes

My only advice would be to watch out for unioning when making these types of avatars. Instead of using unions, you should try using the F3X plugin in which you can add premade corner blocks that work well with wedges. If you combine those, you can make those great angles you already have with much less lag (as it would build up over many models, not that just a couple unions cause massive lag).

Good luck on your avatar build!

I don’t like using F3X because I feel as if it’s low quality but I will definitely watch out for unions and meshes.

To be honest I also am not the biggest fan of F3X, I like using the regular studio tools. I only meant that the specific plugin has a feature that allows you to add corner wedges so you don’t have to make unions yourself. That is all I really use it for as the part is easy to place in studio using it.

1 Like

I do believe F3X is your best bet with quality, speed, and satisfaction. It is a high quality plugin that provides more then what you are looking for to build your avatar. I hope it turns out well!

Have you tried SBS?

Meshparts was a viable solution from our friends on the Full Member discord. Thank you for your suggestions! <3

1 Like

I am interested mind sharing?

1 Like