How do you create an obby game like tower of hell?

so im thinking about creating a game like tower of hell but i don’t know where to begin but the only thing that i knew that they probably used primarypart to move the obby to specific cframe

6 Likes

This could be achieved by making lots of sections and putting them in a folder in ReplicatedStorage called sections

Then you could use a script to move 5 random sections (or however many you want) into the workspace, do that in a while true do loop and put a wait for however long you want the round to be

To pick the random sections just use math.random

4 Likes

As @DevBoxStudio said, you can make it. Now for the obby part is just about making the obby hard and most of all it may use .Touched or Magnitude for a lava part. for the rotating part that makes the player fall it must be something going for CFrame…?

1 Like

I’m making a game with random obby segments, so I can guess how you can do it.

1. Make a tower. An empty tower. No segments or anything, just walls, starting area, and the end area.

2. Make a bunch of segments. Make sure they’re models and most importantly, make sure they have a primary part. The primary part should be the size of the segment. Put the segments in a folder or something in ServerStorage.

3. Make a bunch of “spawn points” for the segments. Assuming all the segments are the same size, make spawns for it just like the primary part. It’s size should be segment sizes, and the segment spawns should be stacked on top of each other. Don’t forget to rotate them 180 degrees for every other spawn since the next section would be horizontally across the tower for every section.

4. With a script, loop through all of the spawns. With each spawn, clone a random segment from ServerStorage and set the segment’s primary part CFrame to the spawn’s CFrame. Don’t forget to parent it to workspace or somewhere in workspace.

5. When setting the CFrame, loop through all of the sgement’s parts, and check if the name of the part is something like “KillBrick” or if it’s material is neon. If it is, make it do something special, like kill players if they touch it.

And there you go, you should have a tower with random sections. I probably could’ve explained this better, but I tried my best.

1 Like

I recommend using an obby generation folder and then placing the models using model:MoveTo() to the obby walls positioning.

1 Like

I would recommend @Ph4ntomize Tower Of Hell series: Part 1: link Part 2: link and Part 3: #3 How To Make A Game Like Tower of Hell | Roblox - YouTube. Or if you want DM me I can give you source with Rotation system, Height system, level system and more.

1 Like

Disclaimer: The code from those videos was from around a year ago or later, and I was nowhere near my scripting skills now. There are tons of bad practices in the code in my ToH tutorials lol. Other than that, it does follow a solid concept on the infinite round system and tower generation.

1 Like