How do you create your own Core Gui button? (Similar to the button HD Admin creates)

Hello Devforum! I’m trying to make a mute button and I decided I want to make it a core Gui button, similar to the button HD Admin creates. How would I create this button and detect when it is clicked?

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Yep, it’s so simple that it can be replicated without even the need for the TopbarPlus module. Here’s something I did a while back:

4 Likes

For your information it actually isn’t a part of the CoreGui nor does Roblox provide any StarterGui:SetCore parameter for you to add custom topbar buttons, it’s just a normal screen GUI designed to imitate the CoreGui topbar button’s style and position.

1 Like

Considering the UI framework which I use, those features can be implemented and integrated with relative ease when necessary. Personally I’d try to minimize the addition of third-party modules into my projects unless it’s something really complex.

Though for the majority of other developers, TopbarPlus would undeniably benefit.

Is there a way to do this without using the model? I dont need anything super advanced and I want to reduce the use of 3rd party assets as much as possible.