How do you delete player records from datastores?

Hey there. So recently I got a message from Roblox: “[Important] Right to Erasure - Action Requested”
It is asking me to remove the following player’s records from my game’s datastores. (The player’s account was terminated.) I’m very worried about my account. I have no idea how to do this. I don’t know anything about datastores either. I haven’t found any step by step explanations on how to handle this situation. It would mean a lot if someone could help me out!

4 Likes

Use DataStoreService:GetDataStore("test"):RemoveAsync(player.UserId) -- id here

then run the code

:wave:Hi! If you did not use any datastores in the game, you can ignore the message, however, if you did, you should use the RemoveAsync function to remove a data from a datastore.

If you click ctrl+shift+F on your keyboard, you can search all of your script in the place, type game:GetService("DataStoreService") in it, if there’re not, it’s likely that the place didn’t use any datastores.

If you do use datastore you can remove it with RemoveAsync as @daulric stated:
For example, if your experience stored with this code:

local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService")

local experienceStore = DataStoreService:GetDataStore("PlayerExperience")

experienceStore:SetAsync("player.UserId", 50)

Then enter this code in your Command Bar

DataStoreService:GetDataStore("PlayerExperience"):RemoveAsync([insert player ID here])

You can save your code and run it again with InCommand for easy access.

3 Likes

@daulric would you happen to know if RemoveAsync() will cause all versions to be deleted after 30 days? Is it advisable to RemoveVersionAsync() in order to comply with the erasure request?

Docs - RemoveAsync

oof i didnt know that there is a feature like RemoveVersionAsync(). guess im learning something new