How do you detect dark dex?

Sigh of sadness dex goes into core gui, or player gui, some are external but no there is no server sided way as guis don’t even replicate let alone exploit one’s.

Oh no not another script ware fan boy… listen script ware and synapse both good, as far as the disassembler and decompiler I agree script ware is better, everything else is just greatly exaggerated synapse has unlimited script functionality compared to other executors. Can it be detected? Yes. So it doesn’t really matter, let’s not play the “who’s better” game.

This thread has existed since 2020. Why do people continue to bump this thread? Gui can only be detected client-side. Anything on the client can be spoofed or otherwise disabled. This is entirely pointless.

As I’ve said a long time ago somewhere in this thread, you should instead focus on securing your game on the server’s end. Client-side anti-exploit systems are almost entirely useless. It shouldn’t matter if somebody can see your assets/code. If it’s secure, exploiters will only be able to do a limited amount of things.

Also, detecting lag spikes is rather ridiculous as anyone can potentially lag from anything. That also assumes that the exploiter is using Dex instead of some other improved explorer that doesn’t lag.

3 Likes

Already explained this… Read before answer.

Even if there was a server-sided option, injector/script executor developers can just prevent whatever method you use from replicating.

Also, I’m still waiting for whatever proof you have of it working in the first place.

Why do you keep bragging about your scuffed methods of detecting exploits? It’s not clever, and sure as hell won’t hold its own if roblox updates literally anything in the coregui. Especially since you think you can just rely on the client? Exploiters can hook into anything.

local mt = getrawmetatable(game);
local oldnc = mt.__namecall;
setreadonly(mt,false);

mt.__namecall = function(self,...)
	local method = getnamecallmethod();
	if method == "GetDescendants" and self == game.CoreGui then
		return game.CoreGui.RobloxGui:GetDescendants();
	end

return oldnc(self, ...);
end
setreadonly(mt,true);
3 Likes

I don’t rely on the client and it’s not even safe to do so.

It sounds infeasible to me that you don’t rely on the client for something only the client has access to.

2 Likes

you can’t use GetDescendants on CoreGui, using it will result in an error you should make it so that self is game enviroment.

Before didn’t you say you relied on client replication?

They were demonstrating what an exploiter can do

Never said I relied on the replication itself.

It isn’t possible, at least to my and many other people’s knowledge.

1 Like

Omg super important!!

(guys why would this be important.)

Task.wait is essentially wait. I think it will just wait for like 10 milliseconds, not wait for dex injection.

This makes it completely pointless, the “if” statement. Returning a string does nothing in this case as it’s not in a module or function.

It takes this exact time to inject?

This isn’t really cleaning, in fact you just made it look messier. Also, if false? Come on! That’s pointless! Returning a string, first of all, again does nothing in this case! Second, it’s in an if false statement. if false. Saying if boolean would just mean if boolean == true. Is false == true? NO! So it does nothing! So remove it! Which then leaves you with an empty, super-messy coroutine which can be removed as well!

Let me break down the truth of what your script does, line by line.

Never used DarkDex before, but I don’t think it makes an object in the player called “darkdex”.

Again, printing anything is never important unless it is for debugging or learning.

Again, I believe this only waits 10ms, not “till dex inject”.

First line of that does nothing. Second line just makes your character fall apart I believe. Wow that totally prevents hacking!

You were on to something with the if DexInject, but it fell apart real fast when you returned a string. Basically, this is just the same thing as just return since it’s not a function or module, it’s an if statement. So it’s basically if DexInject then return end. Which again, is pointless because ONLY returning makes it do nothing but leave the if statement. It’s basically saying this: “If hacks, then do literally nothing.” Which nothing is also what happens without hacks, making that part of the code pointless.

Again, the hacker may not take this exact time to activate darkdex. It may take longer or less time.

And I already covered the “cleans dex” part.

Basically @tr1stt4n, your code is absolute dogwater and I feel like you’re just a troll. The only thing in your script that actually does something (but not even the goal of what it was supposed to be) was the task.waits and the BreakJoints() function call.

1 Like

I think you took some obvious satire a little too seriously.

8 Likes

The devforum is supposed to be serious and professional, not have some 7 year olds typing whatever comes up in autofill to “make a script”.

Again, no satire like that should be allowed, it’s pointless and provides no resources to anyone whatsoever

2 Likes

Sorry redditor, “jokes” like that shouldn’t be allowed here. Where resources should be posted, not pointless scripts that do nothing. Poor junior/beginner scripters are probably learning from this sick kid.

2 Likes

Exactly, its for professionalism. Not satire.

3 Likes

Then why’d he post it? As I have said already, “lol” and “r/woosh” and “he was joking” shouldn’t be allowed here! Someone actually needs help with a script and he’s saying “this script works” but it does not at all, in fact just makes the player’s character fall apart. Jokes should not be used here, as someone is wondering on a real system and doesn’t need any jokes. Imagine checking your DevForum notifications to see a reply to your question, and it’s just a fake, pointless script that negatively affects UX.

2 Likes