How do you fix not being able to drag a GUI?

I’m trying to move the UI but it doesn’t work. I have to re-scale it in order to move it

10 Likes

try re-selecting it in explorer
(it = image label that you created)

but I can’t drag it (30 chara)

???
find the image label in explorer and click it in explorer. once you’ve done this you should be able to drag it

you can’t drag guis that are in a folder (a descendant of a folder), try taking it out of the folder, then it should work.

13 Likes

I think there might be a property called selecteble or something

Ah, mine’s in a folder. (30 char.)

The dragger only works if the GuiObject’s parent is a ScreenGui, but will not work if the ScreenGui is in a folder or something.

Irrelevant but you should stop using dragger, they are inaccurate sometimes. AnchorPoint + Position is what you want to use for positioning, for example.

If you want to make a GUI in the bottom left, but also 25px away from the side.

Set AnchorPoint to Vector2.new(0, 1), and set Position to UDim2.New(0, 25, 1, -25)

Why I used offset? The position will be much more consistent (Making sure there’s 25px difference between the side and the frame.)

3 Likes

For some weird reason you can’t really resize guis when they are in folders, has never worked for me.

I’m having the same issue, I usually just click on the GUI in explorer and then it lets me drag it… Its strange…