How do you gather information about a roblox asset?

For example: a shirt, so you have the link to the shirt in the shirt object property called: Shirt Template,
And you want to gather the name for example how would you get the name by the property with the link in?
I know how to get what’s in the shirt template property, but how would you take that and find out the shirt name?

You don’t.

If you want the id of the template though for whatever reason via script, you’re always welcome to a string.match on the ShirtTemplate. Depending on the asset’s id, you can feed it to GetProductInfo as well, but I don’t think you’d get any accurate information from a ShirtTemplate.

local shirtId = Shirt.ShirtTemplate:match("%d+")

Please specify what you don’t do!

Your question, how do you find the shirt’s name from a ShirtTemplate. You don’t. ShirtTemplate often does not share the same name as the actual Shirt asset you buy off the catalog.

That’s your more specific question. Your general question, the title, how to find information from a Roblox asset, that’s something you should be searching up because there’s already threads and documentation on this. See GetProductInfo on the Developer Hub.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll be sure to look at the documentation.