How do you get a translucent border around a UI

1. What do you want to achieve?

I am looking to achieve a translucent border around a UI similar to the photos attached. (On Basic Admin Essentials by @r_r )

1. What is the issue?

Roblox doesn’t provide any way to make border transparency level’s different, but somehow this game did. I am looking to get the same UI translucent border for my game UIs, but I don’t know how I would go about doing that.

1. What solutions have you tried so far?

I have tried making other frames inside of frames and just trying to use that as the border, but it did not work and it didn’t create the sleek look like the photos attached.

If anyone could help, that would be great!
IMG_0054
IMG_0055

1 Like

I think this image on its own will explain how to get that effect

(its called a UIStroke and I love them and use them a lot)

2 Likes

THANK YOU!! I will try it and report back.

The UI cuts off at ends, I try to extend the parent gui but it moves the entire GUI and children with it. Is there a fix?

Turn ClipDescendants to false on the main frame

ClipDescendants are already false to begin with. :confused:

Is the mainframe a scrolling frame ?

Its not. Its a regular frame. The stroke cuts off because the main frame isn’t big enough but I can’t change the size.

The stroke should not be cut if clipDescendants is turned off could you send a screen shot of your explorer and of the properties of a small frame please ?

The size of it is in offset, the problem must be that. Change it’s size to scale and then also decrease it because the ui stroke is not included in the size of the frame

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.