How do you get the Studio ID of an image

So, this is related to my other but I didn’t get any answers, so I tohught about writing a new topic.

Basically I am having an issue where the image wont display onto a decal when I put in a code.

So, someone replied to me and told me I need a Studio ID for the code, any ideas what that is and how to get that? Here is a link to that thread The image won't display on a decal - #6 by WilhelmVonLutzow

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then I suggest you drag the image, if you own the image or you searched up on toolbox, then hold the image and drag it to where you want it to show.
If that does not work. It is probably because of lagging. But I only drag the image or decal on. Otherwise it won’t work for me too.

(If you are the one who uploaded the decal/image):
-Open View panel and select Game Explorer,
-Game Explorer Widget will open, now inside of Game Explorer Widget open the Images. If you find the image in there… right-click it and select Copy ID to Clipboard.
-It will automatically copy the id with the right path like this: rbxassetid://<ID NUMBER>

(If you are not the one then…)
-On the toolbox>Images
-Just right-click the decal/image, an option will appear and select the Copy Asset ID or Copy Asset URI.

There is no such thing as a “Studio ID” of a decal – to show the decal in both studio and in-game, you’ll be using the same ID from the website. I would assume this misconception came from the difference between decals and images: when you upload a decal, it’ll also upload the same thing but it will be an image with a different ID. If you try inserting a decal ID into a GuiObject like a ImageLabel or ImageButton, studio will find the correct ID for the corresponding image and replace the ImageLabel’s / ImageButton’s image to the ID of the image

The problem is because your script likely failed to work as intended, or the decal failed to be loaded because it was either denied, it didn’t get the correct ID, or its still awaiting approval from the moderators (the latest should not likely be the case because it has been a while since your last topic was created)

Have you tried checking the output to see if the image failed to load and has the correct id that was inputted? What type of script is it? Where is it parented?

I got this error

17:20:44.111 - Image “https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset?id=” failed to load in “Workspace.White_Boards.White_Board_1.SurfaceGui.ImageLabel.Image”: Request failed

You can see that it didn’t get the ID you wrote in the TextBox. Are you doing this in a normal script?

Yes and here is where everything is located.

If I am not mistaken, you would want to input the ID into a decal that is placed into a part and copy the ID that the decal has filtered. Not sure about your case but it worked for me at once.

That’s where the issue is – whenever you type something in the TextBox on your client that’ll be fine, but on the server, it’ll stay as it was originally. This is due to FilteringEnabled / the Server-Client model, which is why normal scripts aren’t advised to be used for Gui manipulation. You need to use a local script instead with the same code and it’ll work fine; however, the texture won’t be changed on the server and thus, not to other players, and again, it is in respect to FilteringEnabled. If you want to do this, you’ll have to use RemoteEvents

@Weldify No – you’re copying the same ID you input into it to the part, and the decal ID you’ll use for the decal to show up is the same as the one from the website. You’re likely confusing yourself with images, so you can refer to my post above about the misconception with decals and images. I’d also like to mention that inputting a decal ID into an image will not work the same way in studio and in-game: studio finds the corresponding image ID of the decal and replaces the image with the correct image ID. With in-game (the roblox client) now, it’ll just error saying that it couldn’t find the image with the given ID

2 Likes

Yup, you’re right, apparently I just confused myself.