How do you make a procedurally generating part system?

This might be a bit tricky to explain but I’ll try my best.
I want to make a system which creates chunks and destroys them depending on where the player is. (Like Minecraft)
Like Minecraft’s chunk system, I want chunks to appear and disappear as I am planning to have lots of parts to optimise and also to not create loads of parts when the server starts.
I don’t need help trying to add parts on the chunks, just help on how to create the chunks depending on where players are.
Also I am planning for there to be more than one player in a server.

I would also like to clarify that it would be better server based, and I want it to use parts; not terrain.

Thank you!

1 Like

You can create randomly generated terrain by using math.noise (also known as perlin noise), which is a common method used by many scripters to have a smooth terrain generator. Here is a video which uses math.noise to make generated terrain:

This should solve your randomly generated terrain issue, all you have to do is spawn the terrain within the area around the player. Hopefully this helps

2 Likes

May want to take a look at this Infinite Terrain Plugin. You can break it down and see how it all works.

Helps a bit; Not sure if it’s client based though and I would like it to be server based. Also for it to use parts. Thanks though

This plugin will help you load and unload chunks around the players character and also has some part presets but its client based but Minecraft is also client based

1 Like