How do you make a trench coat without it clipping through the legs?

I’ve tried a lot of things like segmenting the parts to different parts of the leg, just binding it fully to the lower torso, and basically all of the standard things. As the title says, I’m just trying to make a trench coat without it clipping through the legs, however I’m not sure how to achieve this.

2 Likes

I suggest you settle Roblox players don’t really care about details like this so you don’t have to waste time on a time-wasting feature.

1 Like

When you segmented it, how was it clipping? Did you split the coat tail down the middle of the legs, so it was halved?

No, no. It wasn’t clipping, it just wasn’t aligned when i walk in the segmentation idea. Basically i have 3 (technically 5) parts, one goes on the lower torso, then the upper leg, and then the lower leg. It just doesn’t align with the other parts of the coat.

Would it look better if it’s not open in the center like that and runs straight down the leg?
It might also help if it’s a more forgiving color, z-clipping can be less noticeable on busy textures and dark colors, like black fabric.
If you wanted to really get technical you could make a mesh deformation rig for the trenchcoat and script its bone CFrames to stick to the legs, or even go farther with cloth simulation.

2 Likes

It’s gonna have to be open in the center because it’s a remake of something. The colors are bright and flashy because it was just there to show where each part is (and what I mean). And it’s also a union, not a mesh. Thank you for the ideas, though.

Well a solid Part or Union won’t ever fit under all conditions like you have here.
As @MP3Face recommended, try using Skinned MeshParts are live!.

1 Like