How do you make a verify button like this?

I’ve seen this in many games till now, some famous games are pet simulator x, roblox bedwars

I guess the 2nd one of verify of discord needs some api, so how do I make 1st one? like how do I find the player have liked game and followed or not?

Second, how do you make the 2nd one? do you need any bots?

The verify buttons use HttpService. I don’t know how it works since I’m only a Lua Developer.
The Discord one in Bedwars uses a bot in the server scripted with JavaScript.

You can learn HttpService and it’s functions GetAsync and RequestAsync which request for data.

Note: This might be wrong because as I said I am not a JavaScript or HTML developer but this going through my head is the only logical thing that will work.

PS: The first one doesn’t use a game following mechanic, it only uses Player:IsInGroup(Groupid)

2 Likes

what about the follow thingy? pet simulator have something like this but u need to follow their twitter? how do you make that twitter followers check?

1 Like

It doesn’t. That is why there is no verify button for it. It is basically there because some people might not know any better and assume they can tell if they’re following on not.

It is possible, similar to how Discord verification like RoVer works you could in theory make a place that links a roblox account to a Twitter handle, although for this particular example there is none.

The Discord likely just has a bot connected to an external database, which this Roblox game also is connected to and likely whenever someone posts in that Discord channel, it probably sends a request to the database to check if there is a Roblox user with that same code, if so, they are verified.

3 Likes

This is a complicated topic known as APIs. Some websites give out data that others can use to make better apps. This is how stuff like YouTube subscriber counters exist. They use the data from YouTube to check a specific user’s subscriber count and then implement it in their own program. Using the HttpService provided by Roblox, you can do this too!

Some research on APIs might be needed to know the functions of each specific API!

2 Likes