How do you make an invisible wall that you can't see objects behind?

Title says all. Basically what I mean is a player will look at this transparency 1 part and not be able to see the parts behind it, while still seeing the skybox. How do I accomplish this?

1 Like

If you mean an invisible wall that prevents zooming through it, there’s no need of using scripts, it is simpler than you think, here’s the answer to it!

First, set the transparency of the block to 0, making the part visible.

Now you need to insert a ‘SpecialMesh’ into the part, this will make the block invisible and not allowing the players to zoom through the invisible part.

But there’s still a visible object in the part, right? What you need to do is set the properties of the ‘Mesh’ in the setting ‘MeshType’ to ‘FileMesh’.

Now the final step, there’s now a little cube that appears to be in the invisible part, to remove that cube or make it invisible, select ‘Mesh’ and set the scale of the mesh to 0,0,0.

Hope this helped! :grinning:

2 Likes

I appreciate the effort but unfortunately I am still able to see the sphere

Set the transparency of the wall to 0.99 and set the transparency of the ball to 0.01
Then set the material of the ball and the wall to glass.

Oh I thought you said for the invisible wall to prevent zooming throught it lol.

In this case try setting the transparency of the invisible wall to 0.999 and the material of the invisible wall to glass, now set the transparency of the sphere behind it to 0.02 and boom you got that wall that you can’t see objects behind!

(remove the ‘CastShadow’ of the sphere to remove the shadow of the sphere)

4 Likes