How do you make and script a Donation board?

Hello Developers’! I need help with some scripting stuff. I’m trying to make a donation board like you see here Unknown but I don’t know how to script it and I don’t know how to build the board its self. If you know how to help pls me out. Ty and cya soon fellow dev’s! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Building the board requieres a part and a surfaceGui.
After that you’ll need to update the surfacegui with your datastore. You can sort Datastore and with this you can archeive this effect.

2 Likes

Is there a yt vid or a model I can download for the board?

1 Like

https://www.roblox.com/library/391248083/Donation-Board

That aside though: please do keep in mind not to use this category as a means of asking for free code and remember that this is not a do-my-work category. You should always perform searches first to see if you can find what you can on the internet and you should also attempt to do this yourself first.

Read more via our category guidelines:

4 Likes

There are multiple videos and models for it.
Simply search around the web to find smth.
here is a video for example, not the best quality but I guess it get’s the job done

1 Like

Ok thank you both for the help! Cya soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember to set my answer as a solution if it helped you :))

1 Like

I looked through this Model and it looks great.
I appreciate someone creating it and sharing it for free.

However, one of the scripts requires an external script:
require(389325813).Parent = script.Parent

This seems a bit opaque to me.
Could the owner of this external script change it at any time and insert something different?

• Lord Zorblat

They can, yes, which is ultimately why it comes down to trust when you use a resource that involves requiring a module by its id. Since third party private modules can no longer be required if they aren’t public, you can fork a copy of the module into your project to avoid requiring by an id; you will lose the benefit of automatic updates if the resource is still actively maintained however.

1 Like