How do you make DataStores carry over to different games, like Ultimate Driving does?

I don’t think you actually read the thread like a few other people who attempted to provide a solution. OP is trying to transfer data cross-game, not cross-place. DataStores are not applicable in this case whatsoever. Creating a game out of related places does not accomplish what OP wants.

4 Likes

Thank you for clarifying for other people. Seems a lot of people in this thread didn’t even read my post :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, I just don’t understand why he can’t just add the games to a universe and why he needs it to be seperate?

It’s as simple “that’s not what I want to do”.

There can be many reasons why a developer doesn’t want to establish a series in a single game and instead span it across several. Perhaps it may even be done for compatibility reasons, since you can’t dislodge Start Places from games. Perhaps your external server is more reliable than a DataStore.

Regardless of if that’s OP’s reason, carrying data cross-games has its own respective uses which DataStores do not cut for, so it’s still helpful to have this knowledge on hand in the future if the time ever comes to use an external server for data storage.

See TwentyTwoPilots’ profile for the whole UD series as an example:

5 Likes