How do you make studs

like for surfaces

7 Likes

Change the terrain to studs from smooth.
Not in terrain editor near material s.

1 Like

Select the part, then go to the home tab on studio and click material, and click Plastic or studs or whatever it is called

1 Like

I think you can only add studs on plastic, no other material

1 Like

Set the material to Plastic/Smooth Plastic in the Home tab. Then go to the Model tab and click surface, choose Studs and click the top of the brick, then choose Inlets and click the bottom of the brick.

Edit: To turn off the surface thing just click surface in the model tab again and click the current surface you are applying.

4 Likes

Select " Models " in the upper bar in studio henceforward select " Surface " which will open up a properties tab which includes the studs you were seeking for.

This is pretty basic knowledge, next time I suggest searching via Google or the roblox developer website.

1 Like

Is this still in studio? I don’t see it.

2 Likes

I don’t see it either. I cannot seem to find it.

2 Likes

@n_cy

read

May you please set this as the new solution?

I know it’s an old post, but there might be some people that see this topic when searching for how to get studs, and may get confused by the solution as the thing it’s talking about has been removed.

Thanks!

The solution this is/was set to unfortunately now is false because Roblox decided it would be such a great idea to remove surfaces for some reason.

If you want to get studs, inlets, surface textures and all that stuff, you have to now use a plugin. Yippee.

6 Likes

There is a plugin that adds it back, they removed it a bit ago

2 Likes

Why did they remove it? I don’t know.

1 Like

Honestly I don’t know either. It was probably just to remove some clutter or to replace it but it would have been better if they just have it toggled off by default

1 Like