How Do You Make UGC Hair?

Hi all!

Im more of a low poly modeler but im trying to learn how to do ugc hair because ugc amazes me, mainly Beeism and OceanOrbs from the catalog have my most favourite hairs, I searched youtube to find some ways to make some hairs and some textures and I did the textures but I dont understand how people in ugc can make their hair, do they use the same method as I do? (I use NurbsPath and BezierCircle) I just dont understand how they do it, if anyone knows how to make straight hair look any better I would appreciate it.

3 Likes

You make it in blender or any 3d modeling platform.

3 Likes

That’s what I did lol I just don’t understand what shaped or methods they use

Try out Blender’s bezier curve tools. It’s a very useful tool in Blender and in this case, for hair. There are plenty of intro tutorials on YouTube as well that can teach you how to use bezier curves.

1 Like

I suggest using YouTube to find tutorials for blender regarding UGC hairs or UGC items in general. I’ve linked a UGC tutorial I found the most helpful when it comes to hair, but keep in mind there are a bunch more on YT.

Edit: Also your part (line that separates your hair) seems to be pushed up a bit more. Instead push up slightly then drop down dramatically and add some bangs so your hairline isn’t so far back.

3 Likes

you just gotta learn the shape of hair and how it flows. On the example you have shown us, the hair flow looks very rigid and circular. look at hairstyles and learn how hair grows and is styled c:

3 Likes

Great tips thanks a lot :smiley:

hihi
old topic, but ppl are still liking it and interacting with it so here:

4 Likes