How do you organize your developers?

Hello!

I am working on a game, we are a total of 8 developers. Some are more active than others and I feel like I, as the project leader, has all the work on my shoulders. Me and some of the devs discussed how we could organize it all together. Currently it is chaotic and all devs work with their own things and ask me for new tasks when they are done. I can not bare with all these work and I need some type of system for this. Therefore I am asking YOU how you are organizing your developers.

Thank you in advance! :smiley:

3 Likes

First of all, It depends on what the jobs of your developers are. Developers of the same job should collaborate more together, so they can create similar things. For example, scripters should work with scripters and builders with builders. Secondly, try to distribute work evenly throughout the developers. If one is not as active, he/she would probably receive less pay and less work. Third, create due dates, deadlines, and (optionally) times to gather up. For instance, you give 5 tasks for every developer, due by the end of the week. At the end of the week you can see the overall progress and assign new tasks. Don’t always give new tasks just because they ask for it; hand them out every x amount of days, or give a list of to-do’s. If you decide to give a giant list of tasks, remember to check in daily, as large chunks of tasks can get out of hand and messy sometimes.

5 Likes

Here’s what I would do…

Create task documents for each category of development. For example, give a list of tasks with the given deadline for ANIMATORS. Same going for builders, modelers, UI designers, etc. This is a major way of organization without having to stress yourself out so much.

1 Like

Alright, thank you for the response! I will definitely do this as it seemed like a good solution. :slightly_smiling_face: