How do you programmers know what to do whenever making any commission/project?

Usually when i work on any project, I don’t know how to start. Although I have quite a lot of knowledge in lua, I just don’t know what to do.

1. What do I want to achieve? Being able to create scripts on MY own without needing any tips or help

2. What is the issue? Stated Above.

3. What solutions have I tried so far? I tried checking posts of people that got the same problem as I do.

Any suggestions?

2 Likes

If its something you never made before, looking up resources about it can help. I’m not saying copy code, but look for the logic behind the system, explaining how it works, and re-creating it

This is something you don’t need to be able to do, websites like this or stackoverflow exist for a reason. There’s nothing wrong with needing to research a topic or get a little help, but that doesn’t mean copying entire scripts.

Open source modules also exist for a reason, and there’s nothing wrong with using one of those if it works good. Why re-invent the wheel ya know?

Google is your best friend when coding, even with years of experience I still google quite often for the littlest things.

2 Likes

damn i thought its only me lol, tysm for the help

1 Like

I don’t think that’s quite the right topic for this…
And 2, don’t worry about it. The more you learn the less tutorials and stuff
you will need for your scripts.

But even if so remember that it doesn’t matter really.
Every scripter needs help sometimes, We’re all humans after all :sweat_smile: