How do you start with advertising games

I’m making a game and it should be released by the following month or the month after but how do you go with promoting games, i want to add youtubers to the game so they can help at the end of the day we are both benefiting, they get content we get promoted but how to get to reaching them? On discord most of them have DMS off due to spam,trolls,etc. The game itself is a combat game, can’t spoil too much because I personally think the idea is amazing and I don’t want it stolen but the point is most games rely on youtubers to grow, it’s extremely rare to pull off a Piggy and get well-known and famous in the roblox community. Well, that’s pretty much the hope to hear some tips and feedback!

Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

You want to go with sponsors first because they can really help your game getting out there, youtubers are going to be hard to reach and they most likely are going to ask you to pay them. You could probably comment on videos, since not only do you have a chance of the youtubers seeing the game but regular people as well who are just viewers.

From my experience, there are many players with connections to Youtubers, and they’ll make this known. Speak to them first and it’ll become easier to contact the youtuber that you’re trying to reach. You can find those players on the popular games that the youtubers you’re interested are playing on, do a bit of research on the discord, or find them in-game (Significantly Harder).

It’s no guarantee you’ll be able to reach the youtuber, but if that’s what you’re looking more, I think that it’s a pretty efficient method.

For me, I’ve noticed that advertising has been more efficient. I like to make sure my ads are eye-catching and then I put around 100-400 robux into each ad to start off with. Evaluate your community’s growth and make changes as needed. Once you noticed that everything is thriving then you can start putting more and more into ads. From here you could start finding sponsors and other forms of advertisements. You can do this by simply commenting on videos, reaching out via Twitter & other platforms, etc.

Please note that this is what works best for me, but may differ from person to person.

One of my friends is friends with Telanthric but if he is the type of person to play pvp games.

Sponsors are expensive though and I don’t want to go that route, most sponsor games just look iffy and half of the people have ad blockers or don’t even bother to look at them not to mention everyone is using it and if I really wanted to go the sponsor route I would use it off game revenue which is why I want to promote it.

I’ll try reaching them on other platforms to see if it works, but for the pay part I think they would be getting a huge overpay, maybe I’m getting the wrong concept of what you’re saying but offering 100-400 most famous youtubers can get that in seconds,there’s probably going to be asking for like 2k-5k+ that’s just how youtubers are, there getting an overpay regardless if you pay or not because if you pay there able to get money easily off the that 1 video, 3/4 of youtubers want high amounts to play a game considering they have 100k+ subscribers, and they need to edit and etc. I’m trying to reach out to people like Sagee4, Ibemaine,Terablox,Nanoprodigy, etc just people overall likely to make games on pvp like content most youtubers don’t even bother to try to advertise if it’s not the type of content the channel is known for you can’t just advertise to everyone. Ill reread your post though to make sure im reading it right

What I meant by 100-400 robux is how much to spend on actual ads on the website instead of making it your prime focus to reach out to creators immediately. Admittedly, I feel that its best to start advertisements on the platform then move on to creators. If that makes sense.

Ohhh Ok, i Understand now its just the amount of adblockers and people who just ignore ads, not to mention my game is probally going to be paid access

Yeah, understandably a lot of people do have ad-blockers but it’s still worth a shot hence why it’s recommend to put a smaed to put a smaller amount of Robux into those advertisements. :slight_smile:

I might try it if our game gets good revenue, Thanks for your opinion! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What i did with my game was i started with small sponsors etc. 500 robux, id also invite my friends and make post on social media with # robloxdev tags etc. after making some earnings you can spend some more. and then share with your friends and so on, my game has a consistent player count from 60-100 so ig it worked for me.