How do you use HttpService:GetSecret()?

The documentation for GetSecret() has already been created, but no documentation seems to have been created on how to create secrets as promised in the announcement post a while back. Is there any way to create secrets for individual experiences right now?

Update: For anyone else who manages to stumble upon this post, there is a closed beta that was announced before this post was created that I didn’t originally see. This would likely give you access to create secrets if you got in. I applied myself, so I will update this post again if I do get in with additional information.

1 Like

Unfortunately not, after toying around with :GetSecret(), settings, and creator dashboard, there is no way to add a secret yet.

I initially thought it worked in a Datastore-type way, in which you can “get” a secret even if it doesn’t exist.
However, after testing once, I’ve found that isn’t the case, and it throws an exception instead.

Can’t find secret with given key

However, the Secret object that is supposed to be returned by :GetSecret() does have two methods (that I obviously can’t test, because I can’t get a Secret object): :AddPrefix() and :AddSuffix(). Seemingly nothing to retrieve the “secret”, however.

I looked around the place settings in Studio, beta features, and creator dashboard, and found nothing about Secrets. The documentation you included is extremely unhelpful at the moment, there isn’t even a page for the Secret class yet.

I will edit this post as we get more info and updates on this Secret thing. I didn’t hear about this before, so it will be interesting to see.

1 Like

The concept of Res ipsum doquitur i guess