How do you Use RemoteEvents in ServerScriptService

Hi im Tunnells Im trying to Use Ez camera Shaker The remote Events version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVep198j43I But how do i set off the event in ServerScriptService

You can’t just send a video, try to explain.

RemoteEvents should not be used in any services the server can only see; ServerStorage or ServerScriptService.

It would be useless to place them here as the clients wouldn’t see it.

An appropriate place to put it in is ReplicatedStorage instead.

If you want to fire an event from the server, you can use : RemoteEvent:FireClient()
(It Has to be In a folder that client can see, Like in ReplicatedStorage.)

No what i mean is im making a live event the whole even is in ServerScriptService and the events are in ReplicatedStorage how would i fire the events from ServerscriptService as many times as i want

(Or you can do RemoteEvent:FireAllClients() if you want the event will be fired for all of the clients in the game.)

1 Like

Do you want someone to explain how to use remote events or to write you a script?

If you want someone to write you a script you’re not allowed to ask that here. If it’s to explain how to use remote events there’s already an article about that.

But it doesnt work i tried this script I want it so i can call it as many times as i want in my live event

while true do wait(1)

game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.Camera.ReallyBigExplosion:FireAllClients()

end

Can you show me the local script?

:0 they has to be a local script for what tho

To receive the signal and have a LocalScript do something. That is what RemoteEvents are for, communication between LocalScripts and Scripts.

RemoteEvents are for the communication between server and clients.

Wait so what should be in the local script is fire server

You can take a look at this.
It will take long to explain here.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want a big explosion, you need to decide how you want to create the explosion. If it needs to be a Localscript, or if it needs to be a regular Script, you need to decide that as well before going this route. Definitely look into some tutorials for this networking stuff.

I’m still so lost XD cause I’m not sure if what you guys are saying is what I want to do because I have a folder with all events big explosion and that I want in my live event which is in server script I want to be able to call any of the events from that folder

I think you might be confusing a RemoteEvent, a form of communication, for an event, something that can happen in your game.

Hmm maybe because most live event use the ez camera shake with remote events I’m so lost on how to start the event from the server script

Try using RemoteFunctions that can be activated in a script using Invoke()

But the camera shaker I’m using doesn’t work on that his a video on that shaker maybe you can watch it to know more on what I’m trying :smirk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVep198j43I 2

You said the RemoteEvent is in ServerScriptService, but this line of code is looking for it in ReplicatedStorage.