How does my new city look?

since my team’s game has frequently been accused of mimicking others, we decided it would be wisest to redesign pretty much everything, including the name, map, and some of the gameplay. This is the city’s current makeover!

New map:

Old map:

New bank:

Old bank:

Do you think this map is unique enough, or do you think I should still change more?
(This is not even 25% done yet, city is much bigger than it appears right now.)

9 Likes

Not bad, decent quality but however the main issue is still uniqueness.
The map is perfectly good quality and its not a pure copy of anything, but consider seeing what Dawn of Aurora have, it’s extraordinary I’d say.
If you want you should definitely make it more revolutionary otherwise it’s good enough for an average requirement. :slight_smile: Good job! :tada:

1 Like

It looks good but it lacks originality,. This is the case for the new map and the old map. Some people will think it’s a copy of Mad city, or even Jailbreak. I like it though.

9.5/10 for looks
5/10 for originality

Can’t wait to see the final project though!!

2 Likes

Are you going for a jailbreak styled city? Sure does look like it. Especially with the cylinder mountains. This is splendid.

8/10, nothing to change!

1 Like

looks insane but similar to jailbreak

1 Like

Old or new? I’m so confused on how it still looks like Jailbreak.

1 Like

No, I’m talking about new map not old.

1 Like

I’m starting to feel like everything I ever do would look like something even though I had no inspiration for this style but real like buildings and my own style.

1 Like

similar style but it still looks insane

No, I’m asking are you talking about the old map or new map?

The screenshots that are in this topic look a lot like jailbreak. Im not downgrading your work, or saying that you copied it. It looks like you put a lot of time into this, and it doesn’t look bad at all. But it very much looks like jailbreak. The roads look the same, overall buildings look the same, terrain looks the same, color scheme is the same.

Yes, it is very hard to make something totally unique, as a lot of things have been done already. But you shouldn’t fight the absolute fact that it LOOKS LIKE JAILBREAK.

P.S. If we dig deep enough, most likely Jailbreak itself looks like something else, but jailbreak is the famous one, that’s why it’s the comparative point.

1 Like

I understand with old map but with new map?

2 Likes

Yes, very much so. However I don’t recommend you completely redo it, it would take tons of time and be totally unnecessary. If your game design (main game mechanics) is good, it won’t fail just because it looks like Jailbreak.

You could try to play with lighting, to make it look a bit different.

2 Likes

There’s the Cyberpunk Tokyo lighting but I wouldn’t suggest that, even though it looks really cool. OG could scout some other ones!

1 Like

I really don’t think it looks like jailbreak at all. If I did what to make it more unique what would I change?

Here’s a pic from ground level

2 Likes

The map looks fire it’s just that I feel like you should add more original stuff and also work on the lighting. Lighting has a big role when it comes to map making. If you change up the lighting and also change add a much more original look it will look great!

Okay so, I would rate this a 7.5/10 in total, here are my ratings:

Uniqueness
I would say it’s a 9/10 for uniqueness, some buildings look a bit like JailBreak

Graphics Quality
I would say it’s a 5.5/10 for Graphics Quality
It’s a bit too bright for my eyes, maybe adjust the brightness a bit.

Overall I still think your city looks great, I’d love to see what it looks like in the future!

Message me a link when it’s done (if your hoping to release it to the public!)

1 Like

I don’t know where you see a gfx?

I ment Graphics Quality, my bad!

1 Like

You might have wrote them in the wrong order cause the graphics is just semi-vivd low-poly, which honestly isn’t bad!