How Does One Use +13 Roblox Gears Correctly?

Hey there!

https://gyazo.com/23687dad3d4d8e25f6d925c9393b3d6e

It’s marked as 13+

Am I allowed to use them in my game?

What does 13+ mark means?

I know that >13 users can’t buy them or see these items in the Catalog but what about using them in game?

If you need more context then here you go

My game will have weapons (mainly a gun and a knife) and you can attack anyone but your reputation will be damage, this prevents players from attacking everyone without a valid reason. With low Reputation it’s harder to progress into the game, EXP & Money wise.

When a player’s health goes down to 0 they will be incapacitated instead of dying, so they will wake up at the infirmary, so in short no killing just damaging each other.

No blood no gore, not realistic violence at all.

The plan is as you progress you get better guns that look less like a real Fire arm, so instead of a Luger you’ll be using the HyperLazer gun instead, etc.

2 Likes

It’ll most likely be fine as long as the game isn’t proposed for the Featured Sort, or on Xbox.

2 Likes

to be honest, the +13 gears are pretty outdated and don’t really have any enforcement at all, so I’d doubt you’d get in any kind of trouble. i suspect some soccer mom probably got angry about the fact there’s guns in the roblox catalog, so they had to put it in.

i don’t think phantom forces has any age limit, so in terms of developing a game with guns I think you’re set for that too.

5 Likes

I guess you won’t get moderated for using Roblox Catalog items but consider this

Roblox will be making Ratings for games like the ESRB

Everyone , 8+ and 13+ and >13 is half of Roblox

If my game is be rated as 13+ I would loose out on a lot of Revenue wound’t I?

“Stated at the RDC 2018”

1 Like

i don’t remember hearing this.
i don’t think you’d lose that much, but I mean you gotta compromise man.
also something to keep in mind is that if a kid is intelligent enough to play one of those games then a kid is intelligent enough to change their account to 13+ just so they could play the game. (this isn’t really a good thing but I know for a fact kids do this.)

1 Like

I didn’t go to RDC but you can find it in one of the Videos in Roblox Playlist on Youtube.

Basically they are adding this because they want to open up more doors towards more mature content like something for 13+ but not a 7 year old to play.

But 18+ content is a “NO NO” so keep that in mind.

But you are probably right.

1 Like

There currently isn’t a way to tell if a user is under 13 anyway.

Well, there is but its locked: Player:GetUnder13

I honestly didnt even know 13+ gear existed until today.

3 Likes

They’re extremely old, users under 13 can see them in the catalog, but can’t purchase them. I doubt roblox cares.

4 Likes

Very true.

I doubt that it will work

We will give our games Ratings by ourselves and then the Moderation team will check if we choose correctly.

So to conclude what everyone said;

Don’t worry about it no one cares. :sunglasses:

UNLESS you are going for XBOX and Feature Sort you must follow the Guide Lines.

Blood, Gore and Realistic Violence is not really “Ok” on the platform, remember that you are making a game that is available to young kids.

3 Likes