How does the camera work in Twenty One or Buckshot Roulette?

I’ve recently gotten interested in the game “Twenty One” on Roblox and have always wondered how they did the camera system!
To put simply, you get one table with 2 players seated on the opposite sides of the table, however, both players see the same thing! They are both seated on one side of the table even though you can clearly see your opponent on the other side of the table!
You are also able to see whatever they do on the table like drawing a card…

I also want to do this exact same thing on my own card game and just can’t seem to figure it out…
A general idea on how this is done will really help me out!

1 Like

The surroundings are created locally via local script. It’s not there from the start. They pull the map locally for every player from ReplicatedStorage (I believe)

Oh my goodness… That does make so much sense… I’m still quite stupid so it would help if this is made clear: If the players are physically on opposite sides of the table, even if the map were to be taken from RS, wouldn’t the TV’s (in image no.1) be behind the other player? Is there a way to rotate the entire room according to where the player is looking?

TV’s are also spawned by local script. The map is built around one player in the way that TV is in front of them. And for the other guy it’s built in the same way (via local script) so everyone sees the same

1 Like

Ohh I see… just in case: the way I interpret this is having two versions of the room in Replicated Storage, One room where the TV is infront of player 1, and the other infront of player 2.

No, you can just spawn the room around the active player in local script.
When you think of local scripts you think that the player is the only one sitting there. You built a room for him. And the same happens for every other players. You don’t need to have two rooms.
The same room spawns for everyone and they see the same things in front of them. If you spawn a TV in front of a player in local script. Everyone would see that in front of them

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do with this information. Really appreciate it!

In that case, you might also have an idea on how this is all done in one server of 50?