How does the recommended page work?

Hello, so today I was browsing the games page on Roblox, once I got down to the ‘Recommended’ page, a specific game caught my eye:

Here is the game screen:

So, I decided to join the game and check it out, maybe it could be a really good game and that’s why it’s popular?

Well, here’s what I was greeted with…

A free-modelled game with tools made by Roblox, and a bland map with no features and no GUI

I have seen many other random games like these appear on the recommended page before too. And most of them are just free-models?

At first, I thought the recommended page was hand-picked by Roblox employees, but that can’t be true, I really doubt an employee would pick a game like this?

So, my final question is, how does the recommended page work?

2 Likes

The recommended page on roblox is based on a game dislike to like ratio as well as the concurrent players on the game. What you are seeing right now is a botted game and there are a ton of games like this that get on the front page just because of that reason. There’s no possible way to stop botted games at the moment from hitting the front page, but I suggest reporting them in the mean time.

3 Likes

Hm, I checked through most of the game’s servers, and I haven’t seen any bots yet, maybe they removed them? I’m not sure, but the creator of it doesn’t seem like an “average game botter”

E.g. free items, pal hair

He more than likely botted the game to get it to the front page or by paying someone else to do it for him and then the game gradually gets players on its own. Sometimes, the games stay up on the recommended tab for a short while unless they get taken down by ROBLOX content moderators.

1 Like

The visit to like/dislike ratio doesn’t really show that it’s botted. This could just be one of those games that randomly get popular for no reason.

1 Like

It’s really not one of those games that randomly get popular for no reason as you can clearly tell by the player dislike to like ratio as well as the completely free modeled map with ROBLOX toolbox weapons that the game has been botted in one form or another and people will search up these games or play them if they are on the recommended tab. Unknown developers don’t just get famous overnight without a bit of advertisement to their game or at least some recognition.

2 Likes

For the most part the recommended games are worked out using the like to dislike ratio of the game. As a result of this it is very easy for a developer to bot their game to alter the amount of likes and dislikes in order to achieve a well liked game which has a higher chance of appearing on the recommended game list.

3 Likes

There are usually those weird games like “Survival The Slender” or “Run From Spongebob” that are filled with freemodels.

And the owners could’ve sponsored it/spammed msgs or comment sections with a link to the game.

Though you’re probably right.

1 Like

The recommended page has no logic to it whatsoever, the system is broken. Explaining how the recommended page does work would be difficult.

2 Likes