How does this scene look so far?

How does this scene for a gfx im making look so far and what can i do to improve it?
(Theme: hardboiled or le noir? im not sure)

4 Likes

I like it, but you can’t really tell what they’re doing. So you could probably improve on the posing a little bit more to make it more clear.

2 Likes

If you’re looking to make your GFX more realistic, turn shadow softness all the way down to 0, and make that neon light a bit less neon, make it light gold color with a little mix of orange and brown(but still maintaining the color of the lantern, search what color the lanterns are in the night time for reference) if you can.

1 Like

Looks pretty good but I finx Crazylocal04's pose slightly weird

It’s mediocre. I don’t like how the map cuts off to a baseplate. Add a building or something behind the lamp post. There’s also a big gap in the bottom left corner of the image. Fix that. Make the time of day evening or night, and make the lamp post less bright. Add a warm orangeish tint coming from the light. The posing is a bit off. Make Crazyloco04’s pose not stuck in a walking animation and make spydercam500 lean towards the bus stop rather than push off it.

Most people already have named everything needed to improve your gfx but don’t forget to remove the nametags over the characters heads since it is not very appealing in a gfx.

@Dev_Simphony @HybridEclipze @JamminRedPandaMan @clean_home @grayscaIed
Ok so ive updated the poses but the gfx will NOT be in roblox studio it will be in blender im setting up the scene for it in studio since its easier and i already know people are gonna scream at me for not using a avatar importer for blender i do use one but it doesnt work with more then one avatar i dont know why but it just doesnt it deletes everything in the scene when you import a avatar now heres the updated poses.
Yes1

4 Likes

Think about the minds behind the blocks too, notice how the lean is pretty good with the legs, but the torsos are all posed with that straight-up posture. You want to get inside the character’s head and really, really lean. Take this Google image of a random Robloxian Highschool game, for example.

Notice how the legs really make the foundation for the pose. The body is leaning to hold the stature of crouching, while balancing with the arms. This is a crucial step to achieving natural-looking poses that draw the realism in. I like your work, and I know you’re gonna make something awesome!

2 Likes

Ok so i took what you said and did what any person would do i went to your local wall and leaned agenst it in real life and found my head touches the wall also and i updated the poses a little bit its subtle but i think i did good? (im not a animator so i have no idea)

1 Like

That’s pretty good!! The scientific method of things, eh? To be honest, the way you figured it out by actually going to lean on a wall and take notes, you’re gonna be just fine my friend. Good luck in your endeavors, I’m pretty sure you’ve taken the cake.

1 Like

Thank you! I hope you do well on future endeavors to!
One last question though what can i add to the background of the sidewalk since the poses are pretty much done

1 Like

Since it’s right by what seems to be a bus stop, you have a couple of options. If you want a metropolitan sort of theme, you could make an alley and some buildings, or maybe if you feel scenic you could add a park with trees in the background, even a landmark if you wanted.

1 Like

I feel like the alleyway would fit very nicely since this scene would be like on a rainy day in new york or something
(i will add rain in blender probably)

1 Like

Oooo you could put a particle emitter above it and have rain, and a particle emitter on the sidewalk for the little rain splashes too! Maybe some mist from the rain if it’s heavy enough. :thinking: If you do it in Blender though there’s the advantage of all those pretty reflections and maybe some physics, Lotta possibility haha.

1 Like

Hows this look so far? And what else should i add?

2 Likes

Ya know what bump it - you mind if I hop on and help you build?? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sure i guess i have nothing to really loose since i have a backup
Quick question do i have to be friends with you to allow you to edit the place cause the drop down to give you the permission isnt there

1 Like

A lot of people have good right to be secure when it comes to Team Create, it’s extremely easy to steal an entire place. If you want I can mockup the same scene and free model it!

1 Like

No you can just come into team create its fine but i cant seem to give you edit permissions

Oh I think that’s my privacy settings or we need to be friends, I’ll add you

1 Like