How exactly should I use TeleportService:ReserveServer()?

Currently, I’m working with a team on making a story-based game, kind of like Camping - Roblox, and, I need to make sure no players can join a running game, I know the way I do this is by teleporting a set group of players to a reserve server, however, my question is, does the accessid for the server stay valid long after the server has closed down, if so, is there a limit to how many times I can reserve a server, should I save these Id’s somehow, information on this particular subject is quite vague so I have to make a query on here regarding it.

3 Likes

Anyone?
I want to know if I should save keys to a DataStore or if it’s fine to just discard them after use, how exactly does this work?

1 Like

You don’t have to reuse reserved server instances. Create them freely, push players into them, and discard when that server is no longer relevant. The access codes should remain active forever but creating a reserved server is incredibly cheap so you don’t need to spend time and resources retaining them at no benefit.

I see, thank you for answering this long unanswered question, though I might still cache already generated values just in case

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.