How have you guys gotten your games popular?

Really curious to see how others have gotten their games popular!

Im working on a game right now and am wondering what would be the best way to give it some exposure when its done!

2 Likes

Easily the best way is to use the built in ad system on Roblox. Most developers use that, along with a combination of exposure from content creators and a pre-established community. You can read more about the advertisement system here.

2 Likes

Try advertising which is kinda obvious but another way would be to try to make the game more professional looking, focus on detail and gameplay also try to update the game frequently and then maybe make the game a trailer and constantly advertise no game will ever survive without advertisements.

2 Likes

Getting in contact with content creators and or a pre-established community is hard. I have tried multiple times to no avail. Perhaps im doing it wrong… i dont know.

Like @Phenomizon stated, the best way is to use the built in ad system on Roblox. You can also “sponsor” your game which brings it to players of your target. Usually I put in around 5k robux in advertising and sponsorship, and the game gets pretty popular, but if you want your game to blow up you’ll need to fork over a hefty sum of robux. A flashy icon and thumbnail will also attract a lot of players.

2 Likes

5k for both advertising and sponsoring or 5k total? (10k vs 5k)

1 Like

10k total

30 Character Limit

3 Likes

By pre-established community, I meant that some creators establish a community around a previous game, and they use that fanbase as a sort of built in exposure to the next game they make. As for content creators, it is hard to reach out to some of the bigger ones, or to get them to respond, without showing them some interesting work or reasons to work with you. Although, you can always start with some smaller creators who would most likely be more than interested if approached.

4 Likes

I only have a very small community (through youtube and a few previous games. Maybe 20 players or so.)! The small creators idea is good though! Thanks!

2 Likes

Would you recommend me spending it all at once when I first release the game, or over a few days after the games release? And should I spend it all on 1 ad and 1 sponser or multiple ads and multiple sponsers?

I don’t think it makes much of a difference, but I personally spend it a few days after the games release. You should have 1 sponsor and multiple ads. Buying a sponsor will mark your game as sponsored. There is a sponsored slot on the games page, the higher bid you pay the more times your game will appear on that slot. You can read about sponsorships here.

1 Like

A sponser on desktop, tablet or phone?

1 Like

It depends on what your target audience is, and what your game is about. Normally, younger players use a device such as tablets and phones. Older players use desktop computers. The majority of players that play shooter games as well as simulators play on desktop. Tycoons and obbies usually have younger players that play on their tablets and phones.

2 Likes

My game is a mix of a mining and sandbox tycoon game, you think it would be best for desktop?

1 Like

If your game is a tycoon game, half its players would probably be playing on desktop and the other half would be playing on mobile e.g. phone and tablet.

1 Like

I’m an admin at a small 900 member group, if I could ask for permission from the owner to shout my game, would that help?
Also I have a paid access game that I’m working on, what would earn me more robux, using paid access or game passes, my game is a sandbox based game.

50000 robux on 1 ad. That will get you so many players in a single day.

One of the most important things is the name, you need to find something that not many people have named their game but people will still search for it. This happened with one of my first games that had not much effort into it, and its still my most popular game. Something that would help more is sponsoring.