How I can deal with GDPR requests when my game is dead and not maintained?

I made a game in the past, it gained a bit of traction, but then it died after I stopped maintaining it. Now, when I am busy with my life, and other projects, I have to keep coming back to my abandoned game to respond to GDPR requests, and it’s really bothersome, not to mention that the game has datastore for each player, while newer versions of data have keys correspond to each user id, and the key formats may vary, and therefore I can’t necessarily automate this process with complete guarantee that the automation has deleted all data associated with the player.

Additionally, I can’t delete entire datastore, as rate limiting would severely hinder the mass scale deletion, and render it impractical. I know I can’t stop the GDPR requests from coming in, for legal and ethical reasons, so what can I do?

2 Likes

I think this Document may help you

1 Like

Unfortunately, that doesn’t answer my question. As the summary states, “Explains the General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act.”, and thus it does not state how to deal with my situation that I have described in my original post.

but what you store in the data store?

I have user ids, which have to be removed, as stated in the docs that you have linked:

Just comply with them.

did your script still get that info?

As stated in my post, I can’t automate this process for a reason.

Can you elaborate on your question? I’m not sure what script, and info you are referring to.

1 Like

I think you can try contact Roblox about that, maybe there’s some data still be stored, they will scan it and confirm it to you

1 Like