How i can get great UI icons?

i do not know how to create icons so where i can find great icons to use for my new game

you can give me your feed back about my game here
now i looking for icons but the tool box is not really i good place for that so where i can find great icons for my game ?

1 Like

I would recommend Fluency Icons by @blve_hxrizon, I personally use it and there are a lot of different icons. Then again it depends what type of game you’re going for, like a more colorful game, or something like that

4 Likes

I’ve encountered the same issue with one of my games. I used to use UI icons I just copied from the web, but they usually have strict copyright, incorrect resolution, and are inconsistent. I know you say you don’t know how to create UI icons; however, it is much easier to make them than you’d expect. There’s a free vector graphics editor application out there called Inkscape which only took me about an hour to learn and I was able to create these in no time:

If you can’t create your own, you can try an online UI set, but I’m just warning you that it may not be exactly how you want it, so it’s best to try and learn if you can.

3 Likes

is inkscape free ?

iam creating a shooter cartoony game

Hmm well in the case of cartoonish stuff I cant help you much, but you could just look up roblox icon vector packs, I think thats what they are called

1 Like

ok thank you for your help

1 Like

Apologies for the late response, I had to leave for a bit. Yes, I said Inkscape is freeware and doesn’t cost a single dime or have ads. It’s just like GIMP or Blender where it might have an optional popup when you open it up reminding you that you can donate or become a patron, but it doesn’t interfere with the experience by putting paywalls in front of features or constantly shoving ads down your throat like some other non-freeware applications.

1 Like

You seriously made these? They’re really impressive! Both as icons, and they clearly took some technical skill. (No clue how I’d replicate the scalloped curve on the gear…)

I’ve used Inkscape before, so I might give it a try the next time I need a decal!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. You’d be surprised; these were some of the first icons I ever made and only took me probably a little over an hour to make. The cog was made by subtracting a smaller circle from a larger one and putting squares around the outer edge and voila with some smoothing it made it look like it had smooth teeth. I feel like some people greatly overestimate the difficulty of UI icon design, it’s quite simple and can even be relaxing to do because you’re just messing around with simple shapes and intuitive tools and turning them into full-fledged image designs.

2 Likes

you can use lucide icons

someone made a studio plugin for it but the website has better search (idk if you have to pay for it now)

I recommend a site named Flaticon, they have high-quality icons for completely free! The only thing required is attribution to the original creator.

1 Like

Google material icons are handy for the standardized look.

that is great thank you