How I can make a Building System?

I’m trying make a building system like in the games, Island, Build a boat/plane for a treasure, and more.

I want (example) make possible to a part with scale (1, 1) can be placed for a player in 1 to 1 studs with allways the same rotation.

But I can’t make, i already tried very things, see youtube videos, see topics here, but I can’t understand, so anyone can give a “complete” script to make this, or say a topic/video that say how to make this, in a way more “simple”?

3 Likes

Hey!

I’m guessing you want to have a building grid system. The tutorial I will list will not be exactly what you are after - but rather the basics of the grid placement system, in which you can change and modify for your exact needs. The tutorial I have listed I have not personally followed, though I have skimmed through them to ensure they make sense, mostly. If you have an issue with one, feel free to ask here.

Sandbox Placement Tutorial

A simple search on youtube or devforum will give you many results which you can try and follow.

Please note, do not ask for complete scripts - we don’t give away full scripts, but would help if you have an issue in your code. Also note, scripting isn’t “simple” - it takes time to learn and “master”.

10 Likes