How I created a GIF on Roblox

Hey Developers! i didn’t post something for a while now because i did have some motivation issues anyways… :wood: i did look in the past two days a little bit into Gifs and how to make them so i thought of making my Watermark animation on Roblox of course where else should I?!?

i did use the sprite sheet method so i dont breake the Tos or somthing so now i want to show what i did make in the past two Days Drumroll Please… :drum:

First i show you the original Animation so you can compare the original with the version on Roblox anyway now finally i can show you somthing

The Original

The Roblox Version

i know it maybe doesent look so havvy like the original but its not the easiest thing to get this working… if you want a full explanation then…

Click here!

So you want to know how this works? then listen so first we want to convert the MP4 Video into an GIF then we want to break the GIF down into every single frame that the GIF has so we convert the GIF into an sprite sheet then it should look like these…

and the rest of that stuff works of course with a Script but for this part i would recmommend to check out this post

anyways Thanks for reading and tell me what you think about my Project and if i did anything wrong in this post please tell me!

5 Likes

i apologize for the bad quality on the recording but my recording program did not work so i had to record it with the Roblox client.

1 Like

I think original one is slower than your one in roblox maybe try to lower speed it will look good

1 Like

Hey Fox, Thanks for your feedback unfortenantly i think this would not be possible because i did breake down some frames from the GIF since it is a sprite sheet and Roblox has a image size limit of 1024x1024 and my original animation has 72 frames so the sprite sheet was way biger and i did lose resolution so i think if i would slow the Animation on Roblox down then it could happend that the animation would not look right anymore i add the image Uploads on Roblox as a image down below so you can see the difrence between the quality of the 72 frames sprite sheet and the 45 frames sprite sheet

this is the 72 frames sprite sheet to see the quality difrence zoom in a little bit
Example 72 frames sprite sheet

and this is the 45 frames sprite sheet again to see the quality difrence zoom in a little bit
Example 45 frames sprite sheet

i hope i did explain it very well if not im sorry but i did try to explain it as well as i can.