How I think Servers should look

Currently it is quite difficult to see which servers are best for me as they are for the most part hidden from me unless my friends are in it.

What I think would be cool is the ability to see specifics of the server rather than who’s in it. Something like this:

Apologies about any blurry-ness with the example

Another thing you can do is make this something that can be toggled in the event you think this would be too complex for children to understand. Much like how you can toggle advanced body colors on the avatar in the avatar editor.

And as you guys said you’d want players to find their best experience I think a sort of traditional server style could help. Sorting it out like: Servers friends are in, Good connection and Bad connection.

65 Likes

One of the primary reasons for removing the server list was internal resource usage – not just the botting issue – so I don’t think this would be feasible.

3 Likes

I like the idea of a server status where you are notified via a roblox notification in the bottom right about the server status if it becomes slow or extremely slow. idk

1 Like

I mean I’ve seen other sites do this sort of thing, it’s not out of the question in terms of possibility, but I get where you’re coming from with the whole “Internal resource usage”.

2 Likes

A lot of players are very unhappy that we always join our friends when we hit play, so this could solve annoyances in one update. (One reason is server hopping. We can’t really server hop anymore.)

1 Like

Souport

Well - server ping and FPS (?) is already provided, so in terms of internal resource usage, there’s nothing new to add.

Got an extension that uses this data, as shown above.

8 Likes

I just really hope they’re planning on adding an option that disables automatic friend following. It’s not that i dislike playing with them, it’s that i dislike not being able to play without them when they’re playing the same game.

1 Like

Something like this would be dope:

3 Likes

I think it would be better if servers with good connection were to be higher to the top and bad servers nearer the bottom.

1 Like

Vas ist das?

A Chrome extension I made some years ago - the new server list update borked it, but switching endpoint took no time. Seems like a good idea to update the one on the Chrome store too, now I think about it :thinking:

3 Likes

This idea looks great!
I would see it in the roblox…

Already had that.

I feel like a little kid would get deeply confused by this, and it wouldn’t have any positive impact on them. I do like this feature, but I believe there should be an option to only show it when you would like to see it. :slight_smile:

Plus, this feature got ruined with the fact Roblox only let’s you see servers your friends are in :frowning:

1 Like

I feel like kids would try and go for the one with 3 green bars and the status saying “Good” personally.

I saw the updated one you did, and it looks really good. I like the feature :slight_smile:
I said that because of the MS, they probably won’t know what it signifies and they’d probably think they’d get tracked down if they saw “server location” or something lol.