How is my game till now? - Race Chronicles v1.3

Hey guys!
I was wondering what other people think about my game.

About it

Every 2 minutes there is a race, where you can test your skills against other players.
You collect orbs, get faster unlock trails etc.
Till now its like other speed simulators, but soon there will be a game-changing update

Heres the link:

*Btw i dont know why the picture doesnt load

Hope you like it!
Thank you for reading :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

P.S.: can you give me some feedback?

1 Like

*If you like it make sure to share it with your friends for more fun :smiley:

1 Like

To start with: I like how you’ve made the map. It is a really nice, well built map. But, there are some downs in for example the scripting. If instead of this little teleport pad, you could make a teleport button GUI to teleport to the Training Island would really help. But why? This is because as a new starting player, you have very limited speed. When you go on the teleport pad as a new player with almost no speed, you keep getting teleported between the training island and the Lobby. The speed could be higher for better experience for players.

Also, I don’t feel like the GUI’s fit the game’s building style. This “prestige in” GUI, together with the Trails Menu, does not fit the game at all. I recommend making it more “cartoony”.

Now, if a player just joined Roblox, and they find your game. How do they know what to do? Luckily, I have played many more of these speed simulators and know what to do, but a new player does not. I recommend adding a simple tutorial to the game with screenshots.
This could be a button you can click somewhere on the screen for example. And, this prestige counter could be added in a “Stats” or “Speed” menu in the side of the screen.

3 Likes

Thank you @FrankieRichBoy what do you mean with more cartoony? And i will definelty make it more cartoony (GUI). Stats and speed is kinda difficult and my scripter is trying to figure out how to fix this, cuz some scripts dont really work together. You know what I mean?

1 Like

I mean, you can add the Prestige GUI in a certain button containing more information, like how long you’ve played the game in total, because I saw your scripter was able to do this.

With more cartoony I mean not just a simple blue button but more advanced, and something fitting the game’s style.

1 Like

Where did you see that my scripter can do that? And how should I make the button more advanced, im really low on robux so i cant hire any good UI designer.

1 Like

There was an error in the output; you probably forgot to use WaitForChild

Also this:

You could implement a check easily that checks if your players have premium with the player.MembershipType property.

if plr.MembershipType == Enum.MembershipType.Premium then
    --give them the 2x multiplier
end
2 Likes

ok thx! but what do you think about the game?
Edit: *the basic idea

1 Like

Its good I really like the map, but for some reason we weren’t getting any faster when we were getting the orbs (could be the error @GEILER123456 posted). I think a tutorial and a good description would help, cause i didn’t really know what to do.

1 Like

It’s good, it’s kind of a speed simulator type of game (similar to the game “Legends Of Speed”).

I don’t feel like I’m getting faster, or is it because my speed is very slowly becoming more?

1 Like

Slowly be coming more and more and more
Edit: the speed

1 Like

You are using a map which was stolen from CombatLeague

Your game

Combat league (Original)

wait wth didnt know that ima change immediatley!
Edit: i just cant afford a builder

I assume you got it from toolbox. It’s useful most of the time but it may take a risk of your game being taken down due to DMCA. Be aware :wink:

ohhhhh man i need robux for a builder but i only have 79

how should i get robux fast, im not gonna buy and i couldnt find an investor

You can always ask for your friend or devforum members who’s willing to do it for free.
…or you can do it with yourself. Being a good scripter requires some knowledge of map creation.
You seem to be new to game development so it’s not a bad opportunity to practice.

im not that new to be honest lol

but i need robux for advertisment and badges

Popular devs use twitter / youtube to advise stuffs. It’s always free and never costs money :wink:
Tweet your creations with this hashtag #RobloxDev